7 Causes Of Water Pressure Loss
It can be very frustrating to lose water pressure because a low pressure could prevent your boilers working properly.
- There could be a general fall in pressure while the utility company is working on their infrastructure.
- There could be a leak in the system and water is being diverted from your main inlet.
- In a hard water area the pipes could just be furred up with calcium reducing the diameter of the pipes and allowing less water to flow through them.
- You might have accidentally partially closed the main inlet control valve.
- The demand in the local area could have spiked as many people tried to draw water at the same time.
- The underground piping to your house could be old and filled with rust. The piping may need to be replaced.
- There is always the risk that a fall in water pressure could indicate a leak in the house so check to see if you can see your water meter spinning even if you have no faucets open.